Friday, May 11, 2012

6th Sunday of Easter - Year B (Give Your Life for Them)


First Reading: Acts 10:25–26, 34–35, 44–48 (The Gift); Second Reading: 1 John 4:7–10 (God Is Love); Gospel: John 15:9–17 (Love One Another) 
Adults: Am I willing to open myself to Christ’s guidance so that I can love more genuinely? 
Children: Do I realize that Jesus asks me to love my friends and even my enemies, and that he will help me do so?
“It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you” Remember what it felt like to be chosen first? If not, maybe you remember what it felt like as you waited to be chosen. But here in the gospel it is a wonderful feeling to know that you have been chosen, and chosen to do good, to be like Jesus, to love and to be willing to lay down your life. What a feeling to be chosen by someone who loves and whose mercy continues again and again and who has already given his life for you. Can you handle being chosen?
(from cl Weekly)

No comments:

Post a Comment