Thursday, September 2, 2010

23rd Sunday in Ordinary Time

September 5, 2010 (Being Disciples)
Reading I: Wisdom 9:13–18b (The Lord’s Intentions); Reading II: Philemon 1:9–10, 12–17 (Receive Him as a Brother); Gospel: Luke 14:25–33 (Renouncing Posessions)
Adults: What can I do to recall the good things in my life rather than allow my burdens to paralyze me?
Children: When I am sad or upset, what good things can I remember to give me hope?

Reading 1: The gift of wisdom comes from the Holy Spirit. How can we open ourselves to this gift?
Reading 2: According to the customs of the time, Philemon had the legal right to punish Onesimus, who was his "property." But Paul spoke up for Onesimus and helped him. Can you speak up for people who are being treated badly and need help? How?
Gospel: Do you choose Jesus each day in your life? Why or why not? How? How are you learning more about Jesus so that you can choose to follow him? How does your choice of following Jesus make life better for others in your family and among your friends? What are your responsibilities in life? How do you choose to carry them out?
http://www.sadlierreligion.com/webelieve/weeksliturgy.cfm?section=resource&id=111

No comments:

Post a Comment