Friday, September 24, 2010

Family Day – September 27, 2010

This is a national initiative to remind parents that “what your kids really want at the dinner table is YOU!” It’s amazing to me that we have to set a national day for this initiative.  Take the pledge and Become a Family Day STAR! You can pledge at http://casafamilyday.org/familyday/get-involved/pledge-now. The website also includes “7 Secrets to Successful Family Dinners” plus two short public announcement videos you can watch. Here is the pledge.
I commit to:
S- Spend time with my kids by having dinner together
T- Talk to them about their friends, interests and the dangers of drugs and alcohol
A- Answer their questions and listen to what they say
R- Recognize that I have the power to help keep my kids substance free!

No comments:

Post a Comment