Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Prayer the Sequel

Here we are a little more than ½ way through Lent. For those of you who decided to expand your prayer time during Lent I hope it is going well. I must admit I added a few extra minutes to my morning time and sometimes I think why did I do this again? For the most part though it has given me a great start to my day. The one thing I have found to be lacking since I added the extra prayer time is am noticing that more often than not my journaling gets forgotten. There is always something to work on in our lives isn’t there?

We just need to remember that if we fall backwards God is always there with us gently guiding us forward. The conversations we have with God during our prayer time are just like having an old friend sitting with us. And remember when we do fall back, it might feel awkward at first when we start the conversation again but then in no time at all it is like we haven’t been away at all.

My sister-in-law gave me a devotional prayer book for women last year for my birthday and I have been using that each day. Some days it is more meaningful than others depending on what is going on in my life. The thing I like about this one is that it is written as if Jesus is talking to me (or whoever is reading the book). It makes it easier to fall into that conversational mode since with this short paragraph or two each day Jesus is talking in words that I read and can respond to.

I pray that the rest of your Lent is a prayerful one and that your conversations with God are fruitful ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment